It is the final week of our discussion, and we are talking about the biggest challenges facing Canadian planners.
The Canadian Institute of Planners’ 100th anniversary conference, Generations is on now. Let’s engage with Canada’s planning community to think about the future of our profession.
Here’s what we’ve heard so far from our staff and community on Twitter:
- Lack of Federal housing funds
- Climate crisis
- Truth and reconciliation
- Equity in our profession
- Quality public space
- Decolonizing planning – the way we value land, power dynamics
- Provincial power over municipalities – limited autonomy, self-determination over funding/infrastructure decisions
- Political involvement in transit
- Single family zoning
- Lack of public investments
- Too much respect for big tech